Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producer in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries has a great opportunity for an experienced Millwright Maintenance Technician to work collaboratively with our Sonora division team.
About The Position
• Maintain and repair all mechanical parts and machinery in mill
• Operate acetylene cutting torch, inner shield wire feed welders, air arc equipment, metal cutting band saw, angle grinder, drill press, and forklift
• Perform general maintenance in a safe and efficient manner and maintain a clean work area
• 2 years' recent verifiable related work history required
• Must be able to recognize, report, and repair mechanical defects
• Proficient in welding, cutting, and brazing
• Basic electrical knowledge required, hydraulic experience is preferred
• Industrial maintenance experience is a plus
• Must be able to work from blueprints/plans, sketches, and verbal instructions
• Must have own tools
• There is occasional heavy lifting and working in both hot and cold work environments
• Work may consist of overtime, weekend and holiday work during busy production times
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
14980 Camage Avenue
Sonora, CA 95370
Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 4:30pm
or Saturday, March 10th from 7:00am to 10:00am