Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producer in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries has laborer positions at our Quincy division with great opportunities for advancement.
About The Position
• Entry level position with opportunity to learn and explore many jobs within the plant site including production, equipment maintenance, and supervision
• Learn to fill in on various machine stations
• Shovel, rake, and sweep wood byproducts
• Stack and pile lumber
• The work is fast paced and can, at times, be demanding
• Repetitive lifting and working in both hot and cold work environments
• Work may consist of graveyard, swing, and day shift work, with some overtime and weekend work during busy production times
• We look for applicants with at least 6 months’ recent, related work history and verifiable references
• All applicants must be at least age 18
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
1538 Lee Road
Quincy, CA 95971
Monday through Friday from 9:00am - 4:00pm
Our Quincy Location is located against the western slope of the Sierra Nevada Mountain range between Oroville and Reno. Quincy is best known for its outdoor activities as well as the attractive historic downtown buildings which have been preserved and restored. There are many art shows and drama/musical shows staged at the historical Town Hall Theater. The fairgrounds hosts holiday events, fairs, car racing, BBQs, and much more throughout the year.