We are looking for an experienced Application Developer to work with our IT Department in Red Bluff, CA. Among other duties, the successful applicant will analyze user requirements then design, create and maintain applications using RPG on the IBM iSeries platform.
• Analyze business requirements and translate into product design.
• Develop program logic for new applications, analyze and modify logic in existing applications.
• Design, develop, and deploy computer applications in support of the Companys operations.
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment.
• Interface with other systems and perform internal and external checks and controls.
• Code, test, debug, document new or existing programs to achieve the most effective program.
• Meet with user departments and managers to identify computerization needs and determine how desired results can be achieved.
• Work with user departments to resolve specific problems or make changes in programs, computer applications, capabilities or limitations.
• Analyze existing systems and programs, recommend technical alternatives, improvement processes and modifications or new systems.
• Analyze and estimate feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with other programs and systems.
• Understand project goals and requirements, develop solutions, and drive project to completion.
• Research and evaluate software to assist in programming or for use as program platforms.
• Diligent, resourceful, and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas.
• Train and directly support users and/or technical support staff.
• Degree in Software Engineering, Application Development, or related Computer Science program.
• 5 years’ experience in RPG, C++, VB/.Net, or similar application development environment.
• Experience in wood products industry or manufacturing is preferable independently motivated, detail oriented, and able to maintain focus on long term projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within the Company.
• Proven problem solving and time management skills.
• Results oriented; possesses a sense of urgency and commitment to achieve efficient and accurate results.
• High degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please send a cover letter naming this position and a resume by March 31st, 2017 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049