As one of North America's largest and most respected lumber producers, Sierra Pacific owns and manages nearly 2 million acres of timberland and manufactures a wide variety of products in our state-of-the-art production facilities. We are also one of the nation's largest millwork and specialty wood products manufacturers.
Sierra Pacific is looking for a capable human resources professional for a production facility with over 200 crew members.
This position is an excellent fit for a human resources professional seeking to find a long-term home with a stable and respected industry leader. This might also be the right match for a capable and talented professional fairly new to human resources and seeking to expand knowledge and experience in the human resources field.
We are looking for a capable individual to function as a collaborative team member within our high performing atmosphere.
• Manage Human Resources functions for hourly personnel.
• Manage Safety programs, accident and injury prevention, and regulatory compliance.
• Work closely with Mill Manager, Superintendent, and Supervisors for effective HR and Safety programs.
• Manage the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and new employee orientation processes.
• Full responsibility for mill payroll and payroll processes.
• Communicate and administer Company benefit plans.
• Coordinate with the Company’s main Human Resources Department.
• Implement Company-wide HR and Safety policies, procedures, and practices at mill level.
• Audit, monitor, and implement Company HR and Safety policies, conduct investigations, maintain records, and represent the Company at hearings.
• Maintain an understanding of, and ensure compliance with, State and Federal employment laws and Company Policy.
• Responsible for Workers’ Compensation functions, including attend worker’s compensation appointments and working with medical staff and injured employees.
• Drive safety excellence, promote crew involvement and accountability, and proactively eliminate hazards.
• Implement programs that educate, engage, and motivate crew members.
• Develop and provide leadership for Safety Committee and safety meetings, with focus on raising safety awareness and creating an environment free of incidents.
• Represent the Company in community events.
• Preference given to applicants with 2 years HR-specific experience or educational equivalent.
• Have knowledge of Federal and State employment laws.
• Proven ability to work independently, discretely, and handle confidential information.
• Ability to analyze problems and make decisions with minimal management intervention.
• Ability to establish the position as a resource and partner with management.
• Skill in leadership, communication, motivation, and people management.
• Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Publisher).
• Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please send a cover letter naming this position and a resume by April 2, 2017 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Paul Niemer
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049