At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
And, what does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at http://www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs/.
Currently, we are seeking a Mechanical Machine Design Engineer to work collaboratively with our Fabrication Shop based in Shelton, WA.
About the Position
• Design and rebuild lumber manufacturing equipment
• Assist in the development and improvement of lumber processing equipment
• Effectively model detailed concepts and designs using 3D modeling software
• Provide leadership and direction to assemblers and machinists
• Work with company operations to understand complete application and needs
• Coordinate activities relative to the development of new equipment
• Plan and supervise equipment installation, upgrades, and start-ups
• Work to continuously learn and improve knowledge of the industry and equipment
• B.S. degree in mechanical engineering or related field preferred or equivalent experience
• 2+ years’ experience in the lumber industry and/or machine design preferred
• Experience with SolidWorks or 3D modeling software required, FEA analysis experienced a plus
• Required knowledge of hydraulics, drives, welding, and machining
• Machine center alignment and installation experience preferred
• Able to contribute creative solutions and succeed in an innovative environment
• Possess strong problem-solving, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049