At Sierra Pacific Industries
, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers - for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs
Currently, we are seeking a qualified Sawfiler
at our division based in Shelton, WA.About The Position
• Tip and grind both carbide and stellate
• Bench band and round saws
• Recognize and repair defects in saws
• Work with a team focused on developing cutting edge projects
• Work can be fast paced and, at times, demanding
• Work may consist of day or swing shift, with some overtime, weekend and holiday work during busy production timesQualifications
• 1 year' verifiable saw filing experience required
• There is occasional heavy lifting and working in both hot and cold work environments
• Work may consist of overtime, weekend, and holiday work during busy production times
• All applicants must be 18 years of age or olderWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships. How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
421 S. Front Street
Shelton, WA 98584
Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 11:00am or 1:00pm to 4:00pm