At Sierra Pacific Industries
, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers - for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs
Sierra Pacific Industries has an opening in our Health Benefits Department, located at our main office in Anderson, California. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is either a Medical Biller or Claims Examiner
or wants to train to become one.
About The Position
• Review, research, and resolve a variety of health and wellness claims using multiple computer systems based on applicable plans, policies, and legal requirements
• Process claims in a fast, accurate, and efficient manner
• Provide high level of customer service to medical providers and plan participants
• Work with, and maintain, highly confidential information
• Work in a fast-paced, professional, team environment
The position is full-time with great benefits. Our Health Plan is self-insured and self-administered, in operation since 1972, and covers approximately 10,000 lives. The Health Benefits Department handles the day to day responsibilities connected with the administration of the health benefits for all the Company's crew members and their families.
Successful candidate will possess:
• 1 year of recent and verifiable work experience in an office environment preferred
• Keyboard and 10-key ability with accuracy
• Ability to handle highly confidential information
• Excellent written and verbal skills
Preference will be given to candidates with:
• Education and/or experience as a claims examiner, approver, biller, or adjustor
• Working knowledge of CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCs codes
• Working knowledge of Medical terminology
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions,
and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, there are two ways for you to be considered:
Visit us, complete an application and interview on Thursday, November 7th, 2019 from 5:00pm-7:00pm at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
19794 Riverside Ave
Anderson, CA 96007
Watch for the large office building to your right, along the Sacramento River.
Send resume and cover letter by Monday, November 11th, 2019 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049