At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
Our Forestry Division, Burney District has an opening for a qualified District Forester to help sustainably manage the Company’s timberlands in Shasta, Siskiyou, Lassen, and Modoc Counties. This position will involve all aspects of resource management within this diverse District and will be located in our Burney, CA office.
About the Position
- Prepare Timber Harvest Plans (THPs) across a variety of forest types and terrain, including field work and mapping.
- Administer contracts including logging, road construction, professional services, and miscellaneous sale agreements.
- Conduct botanical, wildlife, archaeological, road and watercourse surveys, recommending appropriate protection measures.
- Effectively and professionally represent Sierra Pacific, interacting with neighbors and state regulatory agencies.
- Participate in forestry related project work in a wide range of weather and field conditions.
- Hike in remote mountainous regions using maps, compass and GPS.
Why Join Our Team?
- A California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license or the ability to qualify for, take and pass the RPF exam within 3 years.
- Familiarity with the California Forest Practice Rules and knowledge of THP preparation.
- Understanding of logging, road construction and reforestation operations.
- Self-motivation, a strong work ethic and the desire to make things happen.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and GIS-based software programs.
- Ability to work both independently and as a “team” member.
- Current valid drivers’ license and the ability to operate a four-wheel drive vehicle and safely negotiate steep forest roads.
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by
November 11th, 2019 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049