What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
Currently, we are seeking a qualified individual to serve as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic at our division based in Centralia, WA.
About The Position
• Perform preventative and routine maintenance on diesel/heavy equipment including: front-end loaders, forklifts, and excavators
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical defects
• Conduct safety inspections of equipment and maintain maintenance records
• Operate equipment as needed
• Maintain a clean and safe work area
• Work may consist of day or swing shift, with some overtime, weekend and holiday work during busy production times
• 2 years’ diesel/heavy equipment mechanic experience, or education equivalent
• Working knowledge of both gasoline and diesel engines, equipment hydraulics, and electrical systems
• Proven prior experience working on various machines including the above mentioned equipment
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
3115 Kuper Rd
Centralia, WA 98531
Monday through Friday from 8:00-11:00am and 1:00-4:00pm