At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
And, what does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at http://www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs/.
Currently, we are seeking a qualified individual to serve as a Diesel Mechanic at our trucking division based in Sonora, CA. This is a full-time, temporary position, lasting approximately 6 weeks.
About the Position
• Perform preventative and routine maintenance on diesel trucks, pick-up trucks, log trailers, and semi-trailers
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical defects
• Conduct safety inspections of vehicles and maintain maintenance records
• Operate equipment as needed
• Perform duties in a timely and efficient manner
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
• Work may consist of day or swing shift, with some overtime, weekend and holiday work during busy production times
• 2 years’ diesel mechanic experience required
• Proven prior experience working the above mentioned vehicles required
• Preference give to applicants with fabrication and metal work experience
• Working knowledge of both gasoline and diesel engines
• Required to have own tools and perform all job duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
• Must be at least 18 years old
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
14980 Camage Ave
Sonora, CA 95370
Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm