At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers - for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs.
We’re seeking an entry level Software Engineer/Application Developer to work with a team of experienced Application Developers in Anderson, CA. In general, the successful applicant will analyze current requirements and development standards, and assist with projects using both Microsoft Visual Studio (.Net) and advanced RPG techniques on an IBM iSeries.
About The Position
• Universal Program Maintenance
o Assist developers test software updates and program changes
o Routine program maintenance
• Program Standardization
o Assist with conforming existing programs to new development standards
o Adapt procedures and service programs to new naming and I/O conventions
o Review and update email and report routing configurations
• Electronic and Written Documentation
o Analyze business requirements and translate into effective system documentation
o Document data feeds into and out of current applications
o Assist with populating “Help Screens”
• Code, test, implement and document applications in support of Company operations
• Analyze existing systems and programs to recommend design alternatives &/or program modifications
• Analyze requests and estimate feasibility, time requirement and compatibility with other applications
• Understand project goals and requirements, suggest possible solutions and assist with project completion
• Research and evaluate software alternatives to expedite application development
• Train and directly support users and/or technical support staff with new and existing applications
• Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering, programming courses or related certification(s)
• Professional experience in RPG, C++/C#, VB/.Net is desirable
• Experience with business applications in an office or manufacturing environment is desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
• Independently motivated, detail oriented, and able to maintain focus on both short term long term projects
• Proven problem solving and time management skills
• Results oriented; possessing a sense of urgency and commitment to achieve efficient and accurate results
• Diligent, resourceful, and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
• High degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by March 25, 2019 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific Industries is a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly
2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests
are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively utilizes nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our mills. In fact, the small amount that isn’t turned into windows, millwork, lumber,
or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We are also proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities
follow our tobacco-free policy. We verify the social security number of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an
(EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer,
including those with a disability and veterans.
Hear from our valued SPI family, in their own words and through their own stories, what it's like to build a career at Sierra Pacific Industries.