We are looking for an experienced Application Developer to work with our IT Application Designers and Developers in Anderson, CA. Among other duties, the successful applicant will analyze user requirements then design, create and maintain applications using RPG on the IBM iSeries platform.
About The Position
• Analyze business requirements and translate user needs into effective and efficient applications.
• Develop program logic for new RPG applications; analyze and modify “older” applications in support of continuing operations.
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment.
• Code, test, debug and document new or existing programs to optimize performance and reliability.
• Work with user departments to resolve specific problems, often requiring changes in application design, individual programs, specific capabilities or constraints.
• Analyze and estimate feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with other programs and systems.
• Understand project goals and requirements, develop solutions, and drive project to completion.
• Degree in Software Engineering, Application Development or related Computer Science program.
• 5 years’ experience in RPG, C++, VB/.Net, or similar application development environment.
• Independently motivated, detail oriented, and able to maintain focus on long term projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within the Company.
• Proven problem solving and time management skills.
• Results oriented; possesses a sense of urgency and commitment to achieve efficient and accurate results.
• Diligent, resourceful, and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas.
• Willing to train and directly support users and/or technical support staff.
• Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Experience in the wood products industry or manufacturing is preferable.
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
At Sierra Pacific Industries , we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs.
Hear from our valued SPI family, in their own words and through their own stories, what it's like to build a career at Sierra Pacific Industries.
As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We are also proud that all
Sierra Pacific facilities follow our tobacco-free policy. We use E-verify to verify the social security number of all newly hired employees.
Sierra Pacific adheres to E-verify to verify the social security number of all newly hired employees.
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans. If you are an individual with a disability
and need accommodation to complete the application process, please call 800-378-8001 or write to Sierra Pacific Industries at PO Box 496011, Redding, CA 96049.