At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
We are seeking a qualified Procurement Forester to assist in implementing the log procurement program at our Burlington Division.
About The Position
• Appraisal and purchase of logs and timber from both private and public sources
• Administration of timber sale contracts, along with oversight of logging and road building contractors
• Log quality control
• Conduct monthly physical log deck inventory
• Maintain log cost and scheduling data using log accounting software
• Effectively and professionally interact with private landowners, federal, state and local agencies
• Work in support of the Company’s goals and objectives
• Work independently and safely in mountainous terrain and all weather conditions
• Degree in Forestry, or related field preferred
• Three years of experience that may include; log procurement, log marketing, cruising, scaling, logging supervision, contract administration, or harvest unit layout
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven to be a reliable self-starter with a strong work ethic and safety conscious
• Possess a valid driver’s license
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by September 22, 2019 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049