At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
Currently, we are seeking a qualified Mechanic to work collaboratively with our division based in Quincy, CA. How To Apply
About The Position
• Perform preventative and routine maintenance on forklifts, loaders, 980 & 988 CAT motor loaders, heel boom, skid-steers, bull dozers, mobile cranes and various service vehicles
• Conduct safety inspections of vehicles and maintain maintenance records
• Recognize, report, and repair mechanical defects
• Operate different equipment to move them as needed
• Weld/cut with different torches and air arc
• Replace parts including wheels, tires, brakes, hydraulics, and electrical
• Occasional heavy lifting, and working in both hot and cold work environments
• Work may consist of overtime, weekend, and holiday work during busy production times
• 2 years’ mechanic experience or education equivalent
• Proven prior experience working on above type vehicles required
• Working knowledge of both diesel and gas engines
• Proficient in welding, cutting, auto electrical, etc.
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
1538 Lee Road
Quincy, CA 95971
Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm