At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
We are seeking a qualified Carpenter to work collaboratively with our division in Quincy, CA.How To Apply
About The Position
• Perform projects and routine maintenance throughout the plant site
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Perform concrete and masonry projects, structural, painting, plumbing, electrical and finish carpentry
• Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
• Perform layout including selecting, measuring, marking and cutting materials, planning sequences and methods of work
• Perform duties in a safe and efficient manner, meeting safety and environmental compliance
• Ensure installations meet project requirements for quality, productivity, and safety standards
• Communicate with various personnel about project status and work progress, required project materials and equipment
• Work is fast paced and can, at times be demanding
• Repetitive lifting and working in both hot and cold work environments
• Work may consist of day or swing shift, with some overtime, weekend and holiday work during busy production times
• Minimum of 2 years of carpenter experience
• Ability to accurately read blue prints, drawings and specifications to fully grasp requirements
• Knowledge of forming systems, scaffolding, prefabrication and fabrication processes, all interior and exterior finishing trades, and basic welding
• Knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in both rough and finished carpentry in residential and commercial settings
• Must posses’ own tools to compete required duties
• Self-motivated, capable of working with minimal supervision, and well organized
• Able to perform all job duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.