What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
Join our dynamic HR Team! This is a professional position engaged in a variety of human resources (HR) functions in support of the Company’s workforce of over 5,300 employees in multiple states. This position will be based from our main office in Anderson, California.About The Position
• Establish the position as a resource and partner with Human Resources Coordinators at 17 manufacturing divisions and facilitate implementation of Company policies, practices, and compliance
• Perform professional level human resources work in multiple functional areas, including recruiting and selection, employee relations, training, employment practices, affirmative action, and payroll processes
• Work closely with HR Administration, Benefits, Safety, Workers’ Compensation, and Division Management to effectively implement and communicate HR policies and initiatives
• Gain proficiency in the Company’s HR Information and Payroll systems
• Respond to employee questions or concerns, and assist in conducting investigations
• Audit, monitor, and implement Company HR policies and practices
• Maintain understanding of, and ensure compliance with, State and Federal employment laws and Company Policy
• Lead development and implementation of effective HR programs and processes
• Support recruiting, interviewing, and hiring practices to meet staffing needs at Division locations
• Assist in developing, managing, and implementing effective internal communications Qualifications
• Preference given to applicants with 2 years HR-specific experience
• Preference given to applicants with HR related education or credentials
• Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws
• Proven ability to work independently, discretely, and handle confidential information
• Experience identifying and analyzing issues, and applying appropriate decisions with minimal management intervention
• Skill in leadership, communication, motivation, and people management
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously to achieve expected results
• Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook)Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships. How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please either apply online or send a cover letter and resume referencing this position by
January 19th 2022 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.