Currently, we have a Department Manager
position available with our Windows division located at our Merrill – Water Street location. About The Position
• Assure safe workplace practices are followed and promote safety awareness through leading by example
• Work with Plant Manager, Superintendent, and other Supervisors to optimize productivity
• Actively manage and reduce downtime through quick analysis of options and orchestrating solutions
• Identify opportunities and take measures to reduce waste and inefficiencies
• Monitor and direct QMS program and related processes to ensure consistency
• Maintain documentation for department operations, disciplinary actions, Workers’ Compensation, attendance, etc.
• Understand and comply with applicable regulations such as OSHA, wage and hour, and environmental
• Supervise, train, direct, and coordinate work of the department’s crew
• Effectively manage crew work time and duties during production, breakdowns, and emergencies
• Recognize the need and opportunity, and take action, to implement cross-training
• Manage scheduled time off, unexpected absences, and modified duty of crew
• Approve timecards for payment, assuring compliance with applicable regulations and Company policy
• Recognize and recommend crew commendation, corrective, disciplinary and discharge actions
• Participate in crew member corrective, disciplinary and discharge actions
• Evaluate crew and make recommendations for awarding of job openingsQualifications
• 2 years lead or supervisory experience
• Millwork and/or Windows manufacturing experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a crew
• Understand vinyl/wood product manufacturing processes with emphasis in people management
• Understand machinery operations with sufficient knowledge to address both preventative and corrective maintenance
• Proven commitment to safety and Company policy
• Ability to handle multiple priorities under demanding circumstancesWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships. How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position as well as a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Windows
Sarah Evanson, Human Resources
1815 Water Street
Merrill, WI 54452
or apply online.
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.