Heavy Equipment Mechanics earn $33.83 per hour
We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidaysAbout The Position
• Perform preventative and routine maintenance on diesel/heavy equipment including front-end loaders, forklifts, and excavators
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical defects
• Conduct safety inspections of equipment and maintain maintenance records
• Operate above mentioned equipment
• Perform duties in a timely and efficient manner
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
• Work may consist of day or swing shift, with some overtime, weekend and holiday work during busy production timesQualifications
• 2 years’ diesel/heavy equipment mechanic experience required
• Working knowledge of both gasoline and diesel engines, equipment hydraulics, and electrical systems required
• Proven prior experience working on various machines including the above mentioned equipment
• All applicants must be at least age 18Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person
Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
1440 Lincoln Boulevard
Lincoln, CA 95648
Can't make it in? Let's talk!
Interested in SPI, but not this opportunity?
View all opportunities at: spi.careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.