Electricians earn $31.33 per hour!
We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
Sierra Pacific Industries is a nationally recognized leader in manufacturing, and we are expanding and growing our Windows division, where we manufacture our high-quality windows and doors. Currently, we are seeking qualified Electricians
for our newest and largest (at 110 acres!) operations in Phenix City, AL
Who is Sierra Pacific? We are a third-generation family owned, family-oriented company where employees are respected, integrity is valued, and a strong work ethic is recognized and rewarded.About The Position
• Building and troubleshoot 480V, 3-phase motor control equipment, PLC panels, operator consoles, and other control system components
• Install and wire on machine control devices such as photo eyes, proximity sensors, encoders, linear transducers, and other sensors
• Install conduit, pull and terminate wires, using appropriate tools and methods
• Install, disconnect, troubleshoot, and repair electrical motors
• Commission, program, and troubleshoot VFD’s
• Effectively read schematics/voltage, meters/amp, and meters/meg motors
• Troubleshoot and maintain Ethernet and other communication networks
• Recognize and troubleshoot mechanical defects
• Perform preventative maintenance and diagnosis on equipmentQualifications
• 2 years of industrial experience with verifiable proficiency in the primary duties listed above or will considered relevant degree/certification
• Experience reading electrical prints and schematics
• PLC programming experience preferred
• Experience with AutoCAD preferred
• Knowledge of photocells, limit switches, encoders, proximity sensors, analog and digital devices, frequency drives and three-phase motors desired
• Demonstrated ability to manage time and priorities under demanding circumstances
• Excellent communication, listening, and reasoning skillsWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careers
Questions? Let's talk!
(334) 540-5912Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.