We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
Our Almanor Forestry District has an opening for a qualified individual to help manage the Company’s timberlands in Lassen and Plumas counties. The successful applicant will work from our Almanor District office located in Westwood, CA
.About The Position
• Support area reforestation programs to effectively establish and manage conifer plantations
• Prepare and administer contracts for reforestation activities including tree planting, vegetation management, site preparation, and thinning
• Maintain documentation and district database of reforestation activities
• Inspect and monitor reforestation projects to evaluate field performance and recommend appropriate corrective action as necessary
• Assist in other forestry work on the district requiring demanding physical activityQualifications
• BS in Forestry, Natural Resources, or Agriculture, or a related field preferred
• California Pest Control Advisors (PCA) license with weed and vertebrate pest categories, or the ability to pass the PCA exam within one year is preferred
• Knowledge of reforestation activities and Sierra Nevada Forest types is preferred
• Knowledge of California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) laws related to the use of herbicides is preferred
• Ability to navigate in mountainous areas using map and compass or GPS
• Skilled in the use of computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and GIS-based programs
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and strong work ethic
• Ability to work independently, and as a team member
• Current valid California driver’s license and ability to operate a four-wheel drive vehicle and negotiate steep mountain roadsWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $65,000 to $100,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.