Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one sawmill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producer in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking an experienced Communications Specialist to work collaboratively with our IT team.
Basic voice and network support for both office and manufacturing environments:
• Help with planning voice and network infrastructure
• Establish voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables.
• Install network equipment such as wireless bridges, routers, data switches & VOIP switches
• Verify voice and data connections by troubleshooting onsite issues
• Maintain documentation for all cable infrastructure at manufacturing locations
• Provide field support for all locations, some travel will be required
• Provide on-going local and phone support for network related problems
• VOIP and Nortel PBX support
Supporting network and peripheral requirements and usage when needed:
• Review and replace network switches, routers, and related peripherals at all locations as required
• Provide users with necessary training and on-going support
• Interpret, prioritize and garner proper approval for all user requests
Internet and Intranet support:
• Participate in basic support troubleshooting over the phone
• Work with vendors to resolve hardware and software issues
Applicant must have at least 2 years of field experience with:
• Basic network troubleshooting
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, VLANS, VOIP & PBX systems
• Knowledge of CAT5 / CAT6 cable wiring and termination standards (T568A / T568B)
• Familiarity with Windows 7 - 10 operating systems
• Basic Cisco router and switch troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of DSL, T1, Fiber Optic, Wireless, MPLS, WANs, LANs and related technologies
Familiarity with the following will be strongly considered:
• Knowledge of fiber termination and installation
• Cisco Routers & Switches, ShoreTel VOIP & Nortel PBX’s
• Network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds “Orion” or equivalent
Personal Skills and Qualities:
• Integrity, initiative and the ability to work autonomously are important qualities for this position
• Excellent customer service skills; polite, professional and efficient communication skills
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and handle stressful situations
• Candidates must either live in the Redding area or be willing to relocate at their own expense
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Paul Niemer
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049