• Manage Human Resources functions for hourly personnel.
• Provide visible leadership in development and implementation of effective HR programs and processes.
• Work closely with Mill Manager, Superintendent, and Supervisors for effective HR programs.
• Manage the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and new employee orientation processes.
• Full responsibility for mill payroll and payroll processes.
• Communicate and administer Company benefit plans.
• Coordinate with the Company’s main Human Resources Department.
• Implement Company-wide HR policies, procedures, and practices at mill level.
• Audit, monitor, and implement Company HR policies, conduct investigations, maintain records, and represent the Company at hearings.
• Maintain an understanding of, and ensure compliance with, State and Federal employment laws and Company Policy.
• Represent the Company in community events.
• Assist in developing, managing and implementing SPI-TV at the mill level.
• Preference given for 2 years HR-specific experience or educational equivalent.
• Have knowledge of Federal and State employment laws.
• Proven ability to work independently, discretely, and handle confidential information.
• Ability to analyze problems and make decisions with minimal management intervention.
• Ability to establish the position as a resource and partner with management.
• Skill in leadership, communication, motivation, and people management.
• Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Publisher).
• Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, it is your responsibility to notify your manager of your intent to apply for this position. Please send a cover letter naming this position and a resume by April 3, 2017 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Paul Niemer
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049