Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 with one saw mill in Humboldt, CA. Since that time, we have grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producer in the U.S., employing nearly 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified reforestation specialist to work collaboratively with our Forestry division team in the Tahoe District.
• Implement district reforestation program to effectively establish and manage conifer plantations
• Prepare and administer contracts for reforestation activities including tree planting, vegetation management, site preparation, and thinning
• Maintain documentation, and district database, of reforestation activities
• Navigate in mountainous areas using map and compass or GPS
• Work in remote, mountainous areas
• Operate a four wheel drive vehicle
• Assist in other forestry work on the district
• BS in Forestry, Natural Resources, Agriculture, or a related field
• California Pest Control Advisors (PCA) license with weed and vertebrate pest categories, or the ability to pass the PCA exam within one year is preferred
• Knowledge of reforestation activities and Sierra Nevada forest types is preferred
• Knowledge of California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) laws related to the use of herbicides is preferred
• Skilled in the use of computers, including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently, and as a team member
• Have a valid California driver's license
Why Join Our Team?
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please send a cover letter and a resume by April 21, 2017 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Paul Niemer
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049