Sierra Pacific is looking for a capable Superintendent for our Burney, CA, production facility. We are looking for a capable individual to function as a collaborative team member within our high performing atmosphere. The person will need to live in the Burney, CA area.
• Directly report to the Plant Manager, and assume Manager functions when the Manager is not available.
• Supervise production activities to achieve goals in the areas of safety, environmental, quality, value, and productivity.
• Actively manage and reduce downtime through quick analysis of options and orchestrating solutions.
• Prioritize maintenance and production activities, requiring analytical skills, discretion, and judgment.
• Continually assess performance, productivity, and skills of the plant. Recommend and initiate solutions.
• Assure QMS process consistency and standardization across shifts and departments.
• Lead through example and promote safety performance.
• Take appropriate action in response to emergencies.
• Recognize, understand, and administer Company policies.
• Participate in planning activities, such as, maintenance, cutting schedules, overtime, and other business activities.
• Supervise production Supervisors, to assure their shifts operate in compliance with Company safety, quality, and production standards.
• Direct Quality Control Supervisor to assure that finished product meets specifications, and taking immediate corrective action when necessary.
• Train Supervisors in areas of crew management, quality, production, and safety.
• Assure that training is scheduled and appropriately received by the crew.
• Participate with interviews and selection of new hires.
• Review and monitor discipline of crew to ensure fairness and consistency.
• Recommend or initiate commendation, correction, disciplinary and discharge actions.
• Evaluate crew and make recommendations for advancement and awarding of job openings.
• At least 2 years production supervisory experience.
• At least 5 years' experience working in lumber, millwork, or windows manufacturing.
• Understand machinery operations, with experience addressing both preventative and corrective maintenance.
• Demonstrated skill in leadership, communication, motivation, and people management.
• Proven commitment to safety and Company policy.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities under demanding circumstances.
• Solid working knowledge of Word and Excel, and ability to learn various PC based production reporting system applications.
If you are qualified, please send a cover letter and resume (specifying the open position) by March 29, 2017 to:
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049