At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
And, what does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at http://www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs/.
Currently, we are looking for an experienced Application Developer to work with our IT Department in Medford, WI. Among other duties, the successful applicant will analyze user requirements then design, create and maintain applications using the latest RPG techniques and environment on an IBM iSeries platform.
• Design, develop, and deploy computer applications in support of the Company’s wood window & door manufacturing and sales operations.
• Analyze business requirements and product design to formulate effective applications.
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment.
• Interface with other systems and perform internal and external checks and controls.
• Collaborate with user departments and managers to identify technology requirements and determine how desired results can be achieved.
• Work with user departments to resolve specific problems, including modifications to existing programs, computer applications, capabilities or limitations.
• Analyze existing systems and programs, recommend technical alternatives, improvement processes and modifications or new systems.
• Analyze and estimate feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with other programs and systems.
• Understand project goals and requirements, develop solutions, and drive projects to completion.
• Train and directly support users and/or technical support staff.
• Degree or equivalent in Software Engineering or related Computer Science program.
• 2+ years’ experience with RPG.
• Experience in the wood products industry or manufacturing is preferable.
• Independently motivated, detail oriented, and able to maintain focus on long term projects.
• Excel at verbal and written communication for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within the Company.
• Diligent, resourceful, and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas.
• Results oriented; possess a sense of urgency and commitment to achieve efficient and accurate results.
• Honest, hardworking and have the ability to maintain and respect confidentiality.
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by July 27, 2018 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049