What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
We are seeking a qualified Boiler Operator
to work collaboratively with our division in Shelton, WA.
About the Position
- Full understanding of all systems including: fuel, air, water, ash control, interlock, sensors and bypass systems
- Will be required to learn and operate rolling equipment including forklifts and front-end loaders
- Test water and adjust chemicals
- Maintain a steady flow of fuel to the boiler
- Mix fuel to achieve best emissions and monitor emission system
- Keep an accurate log book
- Recognize and repair minor mechanical defects and assist with repairs
- Critically think and problem solve in various situations
- Communicate clearly with boiler, dry kiln, trucking and maintenance personnel
Why Join Our Team?
- 2 years of boiler operation experience required
- Understanding of boiler operation and mechanical systems
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person by
November 20th, 2019:
Sierra Pacific Industries
421 South Front Street
Shelton, WA 98584
Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 11:00am or 1:00pm to 4:00pm