At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers - for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs.
Currently, we are seeking a Mechanical Machine Design Engineer to work collaboratively with our Fabrication Shop based in Shelton, WA.
About The Position
• Design and rebuild lumber manufacturing equipment
• Assist in the development and improvement of lumber processing equipment
• Effectively model detailed concepts and designs using 3D modeling software
• Provide leadership and direction to assemblers and machinists
• Work with company operations to understand complete application and needs
• Coordinate activities relative to the development of new equipment
• Plan and supervise equipment installation, upgrades, and start-ups
• Work to continuously learn and improve knowledge of the industry and equipment
• B.S. degree in mechanical engineering or related field preferred or equivalent experience
• 2+ years' experience in the lumber industry and/or machine design preferred
• Experience with SolidWorks or 3D modeling software required, FEA analysis experienced a plus
• Required knowledge of hydraulics, drives, welding, and machining
• Machine center alignment and installation experience preferred
• Able to contribute creative solutions and succeed in an innovative environment
• Possess strong problem-solving, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific Industries is a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly
2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests
are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively utilizes nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our mills. In fact, the small amount that isn’t turned into windows, millwork, lumber,
or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We are also proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities
follow our tobacco-free policy. We verify the social security number of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an
(EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer,
including those with a disability and veterans.
Hear from our valued SPI family, in their own words and through their own stories, what it's like to build a career at Sierra Pacific Industries.