At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.How To Apply
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers - for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs.
Currently, we are seeking a qualified Human Resources Coordinator to work collaboratively with our Burney division team.
About The Position
• Manage Human Resources functions for hourly personnel
• Provide visible leadership in development and implementation of effective HR programs and processes
• Work closely with Mill Manager, Superintendents, and Supervisors for effective HR programs
• Manage the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and new employee orientation processes
• Full responsibility for mill payroll and payroll processes
• Communicate and administer Company benefit plans
• Coordinate with the Company’s main Human Resources Department
• Implement Company-wide HR policies, procedures, and practices at mill level
• Audit, monitor, and implement Company HR policies, conduct investigations, maintain records, and represent the Company at hearings
• Maintain an understanding of, and ensure compliance with, employment laws and Company Policy
• Represent the Company in community events
• Cross-train and assist with office clerical duties as needed
• Preference given to applicants with 2 years HR-specific experience or educational equivalent
• Have knowledge of Federal and State employment laws
• Proven ability to work independently, discretely, and handle confidential information
• Ability to analyze problems and make decisions with minimal management intervention
• Ability to establish the position as a resource and partner with management
• Skill in leadership, communication, motivation, and people management
• Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel)
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by August 1, 2019 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049