At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
We are seeking a qualified Human Resources Support person at our divisions based in Sonora and Chinese Camp, CA. How To Apply
About The Position
• Identify, develop, and evaluate opportunities for recruitment
• Promote, schedule, and attend local job fairs and hiring events
• Distribute promotional materials for job openings; coordinate advertising, internal postings, and web page
• Develop and maintain relationships with local schools and employment development organizations
• Interact in a friendly and professional manner with the public and potential job applicants
• Travel for job placement events
• Work efficiently to meet established deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
• Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department
• Screen job applicants, participate in interviews, check references, and conduct new employee orientation
• Assist with office clerical duties as needed (i.e. payroll, accounts payable, employee records, etc.)
• Assist with communicating Company policies and benefit plans
• 2 years of Recruitment or Marketing experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills with emphasis on professionalism
• Proven ability to work independently, discretely, and handle confidential information
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to effectively multi-task
• Self-motivated, dependable, organized
• Valid Drivers license and clean DMV record
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by
April 10th, 2020 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Dayna Davis
14980 Camage Avenue
Sonora, CA 95370