We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
Our Forestry Division, Eugene District, has an opening for a District Forester
to help sustainably manage the Company’s timberlands in Lane County. The successful applicant will work out of the District Office in Eugene, OR
.About The Position
• Implement all aspects of the timber harvest program; perform harvest layout and permitting, administer road building and logging contracts, and ensure log quality control
• Assist in the development of harvest budgets and forecasts
• Assist with silvicultural programs including reforestation, vegetation management, tree improvement, and inventory
• Effectively work both within a team setting and independently in remote areas, in all seasons and weather conditions
• Professionally and effectively interact with state regulatory agencies and diverse groups
• Hike in remote mountainous regions using maps, compass, or GPSQualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or related field (demonstrated equivalent work experience will be considered)
• At least 1 year experience in harvest engineering and/or harvest unit layout in the Pacific Northwest
• Solid understanding of operational and cost considerations of cable and ground-based logging systems and forest road construction
• Working familiarity with Oregon forest practice rules
• Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, and a strong work ethic
• Skilled with Word, Outlook, Excel, ArcGIS software; Road Eng or CAD considered a plus
• Have or able to obtain a valid Oregon driver’s license, and ability to drive hazardous mountain roadsWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Amy Sarti, Human Resources
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $65,000 to $110,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.