At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
And, what does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at http://www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs/.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking qualified Electricians for our Burney Sawmill/Cogeneration facility. This is an exciting time to join our Burney Division during construction of our new state-of-the-art sawmill. This position will support the current operations, construction activities, and will support the new sawmill expected to be complete later this year. With planned upgrades to the planer and cogeneration operations following the sawmill rebuild, there is no better time to experience the innovation and advanced technology involved with modern wood products manufacturing.
About The Position
Located in the scenic mountain community of Burney, CA, about an hour drive east of Redding, CA.
Primary duties include:
• Plan and perform installation and maintenance of a variety of electrical equipment such as control panels, switchboards, junction boxes, switches, lighting, etc.
• Connect and disconnect electric powered machines
• Run conduit and pull wires using techniques and tools of the trade
• Operate bender, threader, cutting torch, welder, drill press, grinder, and hand tools
• Install, disconnect, troubleshoot and repair electric motors
• Recognize and correct electrical and mechanical problems.
• Effectively use meters, meggers, and other traditional tools.
• Work from schematics and wiring diagrams.
• Use a computer to connect to and navigate PLC programs.
• Perform preventative maintenance of electrical systems.
• 1 year recent, verifiable and related experience, or education equivalent
• Knowledge of electrical installations, such as using benders/threaders, sizing wire, specifying circuit components
• Knowledge of PLC troubleshooting and programming, motor control circuits, 480 volt 3-phase AC/DC motors, starters, electrical and hydraulic systems
• Basic proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software (e.g. MS Excel® and MS Word®)
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
36336 Highway 299 East
Burney, CA 96013
Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm