At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
And, what does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at http://www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs/.
Currently, we are seeking a qualified individual to serve as a Planer Operator to work collaboratively with our Burlington division based in Mount Vernon, WA.
About the Position
• Grind knives
• Repair, set-up, and adjust planer for required sizes
• Recognize defects in lumber
• The work is fast paced and can, at times, be demanding
• Work may consist of day or swing shift work, with some overtime, weekend and holiday work during busy production times
• At least 2 years operating a planer
• Lumber manufacturing experience is a plus
• Knowledge of all planer functions and lumber grades and sizes
• Safety oriented work history
• Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance.
In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
14353 McFarland Rd
Mt. Vernon, WA 98273
(360) 424-7619 x1409