Currently, we are seeking a qualified Industrial Electrician to perform building, and maintenance electrical work at our Quincy, CA location. This a unique opportunity to experience the beautiful community of Quincy while earning up to $35.00/hr plus benefits.
• The Industrial Electrician will be capable of understanding complex networks, including PLCs, as needed to construct, operate and control modern wood products processing machinery.
• A 2-year or higher technical degree in a relevant field with field experience, or Journeyman Electrician Certification with related field experience. Applicants with a minimum of 4 years of industrial experience with verifiable proficiency in the primary duties listed above will also be considered.
• Knowledge and practical experience using tools of the trade to accomplish duties
• Proven strong working knowledge of motion controllers, PLCs, servo systems, and HMIs
• Knowledge of programming structures and techniques such as PID, data handling, UDT's, etc. would be a bonus
• Experience working with servo and hydraulic motion control and tuning would be a bonus
• Ability to manage time and priorities under demanding circumstances
• Excellent communication, listening, and reasoning skills
About The Position
The Industrial Electrician will perform all regular electrician duties at a high level of competence and will additionally perform hands on programming, troubleshooting, and maintenance of advanced control systems. Duties include:
• Maintain and troubleshoot 480V, 3 phase motors, PLCs, motor control circuits, and electrical and hydraulic systems
• Install conduit, pull and terminate wires, using appropriate tools and methods
• Install, disconnect, troubleshoot, and repair electrical motors
• Troubleshoot and maintain Ethernet and other communication networks
• Commission, program, and troubleshoot VFD's
• Use PLC functions and tools to troubleshoot machinery
• Troubleshoot and install encoders, linear transducers, vision systems, and other advanced sensors
• Identify and help implement process improvements to optimize performance and production
• Perform preventative maintenance and diagnosis on equipment
• Perform job duties in a safe and efficient manner and maintain a clean work area
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a resume referencing this position and a cover letter to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Kealey Froggatt, Human Resources
1538 Lee Road
Quincy, CA 95971
or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sierra Pacific Industries is a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly
2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests
are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively utilizes nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our mills. In fact, the small amount that isn’t turned into windows, millwork, lumber,
or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We are also proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities
follow our tobacco-free policy. We verify the social security number of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an
(EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer,
including those with a disability and veterans.
Hear from our valued SPI family, in their own words and through their own stories, what it's like to build a career at Sierra Pacific Industries.