At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs.
Currently, we are seeking a qualified Electrician to collaboratively work with our Windows division based in Merrill, WI.
About The Position
• Install, repair, and maintain electrical and mechanical systems and mechanical defects.
• Operate cutting torch, gas welder, drill press, grinder, and hand tools.
• Able to troubleshoot and repair solid-state and relay controlled equipment.
• Program, troubleshoot and repair Motion controls, plc, MMI, HMI equipment.
• Design and build electrical panels.
• Install electrical conduit, wiring, motor controls, starters, VFD, and soft starts.
• Perform production and facility equipment electrical preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs.
• Work towards testing and qualifying as a Master Electrician.
• 2 years' recent verifiable related work history required or educational equivalent.
• Knowledge of PLC troubleshooting and programming, motor control circuits, 480 volt 3-phase AC/DC motors, starters, electrical and hydraulic systems required
• Able to design and build electrical panels.
• Basic knowledge of rigging, lifting and moving heavy equipment.
• Experience updating and drawing electrical prints.
• Basic knowledge of high voltage and main switch gear layout, troubleshooting and repairs and of the National Electric Codes (NEC) and how to apply.
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
1815 Water Street
Merrill, WI 54452
Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 4:30pm
Sierra Pacific Industries is a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly
2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests
are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively utilizes nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our mills. In fact, the small amount that isn’t turned into windows, millwork, lumber,
or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We are also proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities
follow our tobacco-free policy. We verify the social security number of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an
(EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer,
including those with a disability and veterans.
Hear from our valued SPI family, in their own words and through their own stories, what it's like to build a career at Sierra Pacific Industries.