At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers - for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs.
Our Forestry Division, Sonora District has an opening for a qualified Equipment Operator to help maintain the Company’s road system and related infrastructure in Tuolumne and Calaveras counties.
About The Position
• Operate heavy equipment which may include trucks, transfers, dozers, graders, excavators, backhoes and other pieces of equipment to construct, repair and maintain roads, drainage structures, erosion control measures, and facilities.
• Perform daily equipment maintenance and safety checks.
• Clean, maintain, and secure equipment and advising supervisor of any needed maintenance and repairs.
• Work outdoors under a variety of weather conditions
• Must have Class A license
• Minimum 1 year experience operating transfers, dozers, graders, backhoes, and/ or excavators
• Proven history of safely operating heavy equipment
• Knowledge of road, watercourse crossing, drainage, and erosion control construction and maintenance preferred
• Proven to be a reliable self-starter and safety conscious
• Ability to successfully work as a team member and under direct supervision
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by March 29, 2019 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Jennifer Sisco, Human Resources
P.O. Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049-6014
Sierra Pacific Industries is a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly
2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests
are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively utilizes nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our mills. In fact, the small amount that isn’t turned into windows, millwork, lumber,
or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We are also proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities
follow our tobacco-free policy. We verify the social security number of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an
(EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer,
including those with a disability and veterans.
Hear from our valued SPI family, in their own words and through their own stories, what it's like to build a career at Sierra Pacific Industries.