At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
Currently, we are seeking a qualified individual to serve as an Environmental Coordinator to strengthen our current environmental programs and work collaboratively with our management team at our division based in Sonora, CA. How To Apply
About The Position
• Directly report to the Plant Manager and Company Environmental Manager
• Work closely with Superintendent and other Supervisors to achieve company-wide environmental goals
• Provide visible leadership in the development and implementation of effective programs and processes
• Manage environmental programs and regulatory compliance
• Lead efforts to identify, recommend, develop, and implement best practices for storm water management
• Interpret regulations, collaboratively problem solve and work to implement corrective actions
• Maintain relationships with regulatory and government agency personnel, as well as various industry groups
• Act as Company representative in cases of government agency inspections concerning environmental issues
• Maintain required air, water, hazardous materials, and other permits – including collect, analyze, and submit data required for compliance
• Coordinate with outside agencies/firms in development and supervision of environmental remedial action plans
• Audit programs and processes for compliance with company standards and government regulations
• Maintain an understanding of, and ensure compliance with, current Federal, State, Local, and company regulations and policy
• Supervise crew involved in environmental projects and activities
• Monitor and enforce environmental policies and regulations
• At least 2 years lead or supervisory experience preferred
• Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and Hazardous Materials regulations
• Knowledge of air and water permits is helpful
• Ability to work independently, analyze problems, and make decisions with minimal management intervention
• Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, while recognizing and supporting Company goals and priorities
• Possess excellent facilitation and group communication skills
• Analytical reasoning and problem solving capabilities
• Solid working knowledge of Word and Excel, and ability to learn various PC based reporting system applications
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by
April 3rd, 2020 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
P. O. Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049