At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
We are looking for qualified Forest Patrol to help patrol the Company’s timberlands in Tehama, Butte, and Plumas Counties. This position is hourly, seasonal, and based out of the Chico office.How To Apply
About The Position
• Patrol and interact with the public on Company lands
• Enforce Sierra Pacific Industries’ Access Policy
• Interact with local law enforcement regarding trespass and other illegal activities
• Fire inspection of logging, road building, and other contractors operating on Company lands
• Respond to all incidents, fires, accidents, and law enforcement actions on District when on duty
• Maintain and repair Company gates and signs
• Maintain a daily patrol/activity log and road maintenance log
• Conduct and document environmental monitoring at locations on Company land
• Represent the Company in a professional and courteous manner
• Position requires working a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
• 2 years of prior experience in law enforcement or logging/forestry/fire sector
• Possess a valid California driver’s license and the ability to drive hazardous mountain roads
• Ability to hike and navigate alone in remote mountainous regions using maps and compass
• Ability to operate a chainsaw and winch and use a GPS device and tablet to navigate and collect data
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with the agency fire and law enforcement personnel and the public
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by
January 29th, 2021 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Erin McLeod, Human Resources
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.