At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
Our Forestry Division, Northern Sierra Area, has an opening for a qualified individual to help manage the Company’s timberlands in Butte, Tehama, Shasta, Plumas, Lassen, Nevada, Yuba, Placer, and Sierra counties. The successful applicant will be required to work out of our Stirling District office located in Chico, CA. Travel to office locations in Anderson, Susanville and Grass Valley will be required.How To Apply
About The Position
• Assist in Timber Harvest Plan (THP) preparation and operations including resource surveys, timber marking, logging, and road construction
• Assist with district reforestation programs to effectively establish and manage conifer plantations
• Prepare and administer contracts for reforestation activities including tree planting, vegetation management, site preparation, and thinning
• Inspect and monitor projects to evaluate field performance and recommend appropriate corrective actions as necessary
• Maintain district databases of reforestation activities
• Assist in other forestry work on the districts requiring demanding physical activity
• BS in Forestry, Natural Resources, or Agriculture is preferred
• A California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license or the ability to qualify for, take and pass the RPF exam within 3 years
• A California Pest Control Advisors (PCA) license with weed pest category, or the ability to pass the PCA exam within one year, is preferred
• Familiarity with the California Forest Practice Rules and California Department of Pesticide Regulation laws related to forestry activities is preferred
• Knowledge of forestry activities in Sierra Nevada forest types is preferred
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and strong work ethic
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and GIS-based software programs
• Ability to work both independently and as a “team” member
• Current valid drivers’ license and the ability to operate four-wheel drive vehicle and safely negotiate steep mountainous roads
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by
February 5th, 2021 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Erin McLeod, Human Resources
P.O. Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.