At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
We are seeking a qualified Shipping Support person to work collaboratively with our division located in Anderson, CA.How To Apply
About The Position
• Complete complex and detailed daily production reports, utilizing multiple Excel spreadsheets
• Work directly with Shipping Supervisor in all aspects of shipping responsibilities
• Answer phones, book appointment times for trucks, respond to requests and questions by the sales department and the forklift drivers, and route all rail cars
• Maintain projection files with current production information, and provide support for the weekly planer projections
• Complete various certificates (certificates of origin, heat treat, WWPA, etc.)
• Work with team to complete month-end physical inventories
• Complete other miscellaneous daily and monthly reports essential within the department
• Back-up and assist log support desk
• Effectively work within deadlines and set schedules
• Possess excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor and ability to work in a team environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel with ability to create/maintain excel workbooks used in the department
• Accuracy and efficiency in data input is essential
• Ability to work within schedules and meet deadlines
• Self-motivated, dependable, and organized, with willingness to take on increasing responsibilities
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by
January 18th, 2021 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Paula Angstadt
PO Box 10939
Anderson, CA 96007
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.