At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
How To Apply
Sierra Pacific Windows is seeking a qualified Millwright Maintenance Technician to work collaboratively with our division in Merrill, WI.
About The Position
• Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic (oil/air logic) controlled equipment
• Assist with Motion Control, PLC, MMI, and HMI programming, troubleshooting, and repair
• Install electrical components such as conduit, wiring, motor controls, starters, VFD, and soft starts
• Weld various materials using MIG, TIG and stick
• Rigging, lifting and moving heavy equipment
• Occasional heavy lifting and working in both hot and cold work environments
• Work may consist of overtime, weekend, and holiday work during busy production times
• 2 years' recent related work history required or educational equivalent
• Knowledge of motor control circuits, 480 volt 3-phase AC/DC motors, starters, electrical and hydraulic systems
• Knowledge of electricity, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, motors, and gear boxes
• Proven experience using fork lift, man lift and most rigging equipment
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and resume to:
Sierra Pacific Windows
Cher Murphy, Human Resources
1815 Water St
Merrill, WI 54452
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.