At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
How To Apply
Currently, we are seeking a qualified Shipping Manager to work collaboratively with our Windows division in Medford, WI.
About The Position
• Plan, organize, and coordinate deliveries to ensure all loads are dispatched timely
• Manage the efficient movement of company trucks
• Coordinate and prepare daily routes, dispatch, and trip information
• Organize deliveries to meet schedules and deadlines within a constantly changing environment
• Promptly communicate with customers, carriers, and drivers to ensure high level of service
• Manage product shipments, including pricing, shipping method, rates, and scheduling
• Oversee transportation of products and materials from locations
• Report and manage freight claims appropriately
• Solve problems using analytical skills and develop alternative solutions
• Handle multiple and changing priorities under challenging circumstances
• Operate computerized transportation programs and related software
• Prepare, generate, and reconcile various reports, forms, and data
• Interact with trucking and plant personnel, to effectively coordinate drivers
• 2 years’ previous high-volume dispatch experience
• Solid knowledge of inventory management, distribution, and transportation
• Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, requiring adaptability and accuracy
• Self-motivated, dependable, and organized
• Ability to analyze problems and make decisions with minimal management intervention
• Skilled in communication, motivation, and people management
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Stronger customer service and negotiation skills
• Ability to set, prioritize, and meet goals and objectives
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Windows
575 S Whelan Avenue
Medford, WI 54451
Can’t make it in? Let's talk!
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.