At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
How To Apply
Currently, we are seeking a qualified individual to serve as a Certifiable Lumber Grader to work collaboratively with our division in Anderson, CA.
About The Position
• Visually inspect quality of lumber to be graded and grade lumber of varying dimensions and species
• Apply grade rules to maximize lumber profitability
• Ensure lumber produced is within grade parameters to maintain grade reliability
• Ensure lumber produced is within expected grade yields and take appropriate action or trouble shooting to correct
• Maximize yield by either determining if flaws in lumber need to be trimmed to maintain higher grade or to reduce the grade of lumber
• Monitor lumber grade scan
• Straighten lumber that may be jammed or crossed up
• Similar grader certification or ability to become certified
• Experience in the lumber industry
• In depth understanding of American Lumber Standard grading rules
• Recent, good, verifiable work references
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person
Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
19758 Riverside Avenue
Anderson, CA 96007
Can't make it in? Let's talk!
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.