What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
Currently, we have an opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Agent
to work collaboratively with our Anderson division to identify, qualify, and maintain supplier resources.About The Position
• Obtain and evaluate quotes and prices on various materials, supplies, and equipment needed by any division within the Company
• Search out the highest quality goods for the best price/value
• Make purchase decisions as well as supporting documentation necessary to complete the transaction
• Negotiate with vendors for best price/value
• Negotiate and purchase ongoing/recurring needs
• Resolve problems and issues with vendors such as damaged goods claims, late deliveries, etc
• Identify opportunities and take measures to reduce waste and inefficiencies
• Manage purchase orders
• Manage inventories, just in time and minimum levels
• Act quickly in response to needs from any location within the Company
• Work with accounting to ensure issues regarding discounts and freight costs are addressed timely
• Ensure items in Warehouse are considered before purchasing from Vendors
• Some travel, including overnight stays, is required – some call-outs requiredQualifications
• 1 year of recent purchasing experience
• Preference given for experience purchasing in an industrial/manufacturing environment, experience with industrial machinery such as motors, sprockets, gears, etc, and experience with Sawmill maintenance
• Ability to handle multiple priorities under demanding circumstances
• Ability to negotiate with vendors and research alternative material source
• Demonstrated history of good judgment and confidentiality regarding pricing and purchase information
• Act promptly and quickly under pressure
• Demonstrated integrity
• Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, as well as the ability to competently search websites for obscure items
• Strong analytical, accounting, and math skillsWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships. How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please either apply online
or send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by January 25th 2022 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.