What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
We are seeking a qualified individual to serve as a Check Scaler
based out of our Shelton, WA
office. The successful applicant will assist with scaling operations across all four of SPI’s Washington locations, as well as other locations where we have logs delivered. About The Position
• Ensure log scaling performed by Company log scalers or contract scaling organizations meets acceptable industry scaling standards
• Communicate effectively with log scalers, supervisors, and managers across the Company to ensure desired results
• Test, grade, record and report data as needed by location
• Identify and appropriately communicate log quality issues
• Provide continual training and instruction to improve skill levels of Company log scalers
• Remain educated on log scaling and grading rule changes by state and federal agencies or log scaling and grading advisory groups
• Ensure safe work practices are followed and promote safety awareness through leading by example
• Weekly travel in/around Washington, and potentially periodic travel to log yard locations in Oregon and California
• Assist foresters with log quality control and may periodically be requested to go to logging sites to assist in training loggers with log quality issuesQualifications
• Certified Log Scaler with at least (5) years production and/or check scaling experience
• Demonstrated skill in leadership and effective communication
• Proven knowledge of log scaling and grading rules and species identification
• Proficient in the use of hand-held log scaling computers, and basic computer skills
• Possess a valid Driver’s LicenseWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships. How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, the deadline to apply is January 31st 2022. There are 2 ways to apply:
Send a cover letter referencing this position as well as a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.