What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company
built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades,
from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands,
and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
Sierra Pacific Industries is seeking a qualified Transportation Manager. This is a new position for our growing Transportation Department and an opportunity to work with the SPI team at our main office in Anderson, CA. We are looking for someone who enjoys being challenged, learning new things, and being part of an innovative company. About The Position
• Oversee transportation of all lumber, millwork, and fiber products from all Company mills/plants to end user
• Manage services and negotiate rates with railroads and trucking companies
• Oversee department activities such as dispatch, routing, and tracking transportation equipment as well with complying to safety rules and regulations
• Establish and maintain freight rates for Company-owned flatbeds and chip trucks
• Responsible for transportation department financial performance
• Manage, mentor, and provide leadership for the department and staff
• Provide sales and financial reports to management as needed
• Communicate with sales and production management regarding transportation process
• Monitor and report on transportation costs and overall market
• Research, communicate, and implement cost-effective shipping methods and opportunitiesQualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, manufacturing, or similar field is preferred
• Wood products industry experience is preferred
• Demonstrated history of leading, organizing, and motivating a team
• Solid knowledge of customer management, pricing, negotiation, transportation and logistics management
• Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend, and administer legal documents and contracts
• Competence with computer software and technology that supports logistics objectives
• Willing to travel as needed to foster internal and external relationships and effectively manage responsibilities
• Excellent organizational, problem solving, and people management skills Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships. How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, the deadline to apply is January 21st 2022. There are 2 ways to apply:
Send a cover letter referencing this position as well as a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.