Currently, we are seeking a qualified Planer Supervisor to work collaboratively with our division based in Quincy, CA.How To Apply
About The Position
• Work with Mill Manager, Superintendent, and other supervisors to optimize productivity
• Assure safe workplace practices are followed and promote safety awareness through leading by example
• Actively manage and reduce downtime through quick analysis of options and orchestrating solutions
• Monitor and direct QMS program and related processes to ensure consistency
• Maintain documentation for department operations, disciplinary actions, Workers’ Compensation, attendance, etc
• Understand and comply with applicable regulations such as OSHA, wage and hour, and environmental
• Supervise, train, direct, and coordinate work of the department’s crew
• Effectively manage crew work time and duties during production, breakdowns, and emergencies
• Manage scheduled time off, unexpected absences, and modified duty of crew
• Participate with interviews and selection of new hires
• Recognize and recommend crew commendation, corrective, disciplinary and discharge actions
• Participate in crew member corrective, disciplinary and discharge actions
• At least 2 years lead or supervisory experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a crew
• Understand wood product manufacturing processes with emphasis in people management
• Proven commitment to safety and Company policy
• Ability to handle multiple priorities under demanding circumstances
• Basic computer skills including Word and Excel
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.