Wages range from $21 to $22 per hour
We train and promote from within
Under the supervision of a botany crew leader, the successful applicants will conduct botanical surveys on SPI forests located throughout northern & central CA. Qualified applicants must be able to collect detailed field data, work in remote field locations, hike steep slopes over uneven terrain, and work full days in all types of weather. Transportation from the base location to the field is provided.Duties include, but are not limited to
• Navigating forest roads & terrain using digital and hard copy maps.
• Recording geologic, topographic, and habitat site characteristics.
• Plant ID of CA flora to family, genus, and species.
• Survey proposed timber harvest areas and other special projects for rare plant species & collect supporting documentation and vouchers.Qualifications
• College coursework in botany, biology, forestry, or related natural resource field. Coursework must include plant taxonomy or plant ID.
• One season of botanical field work is desirable, but not required.
• Ability to ID plant species in the North Coast, Klamath, Cascade, Modoc, and Sierra Nevada regions.
• Map/photo interpretation ability. Prior GPS and data recorder/tablet use desirable.
• Driver license requiredBase Locations
: Anderson, Camino, or Chico These positions will require overnight travel and work outside of the base location. Meals/lodging will be provided by Sierra Pacific Industries when assigned to work from a location other than the base location. Employees must find their own housing within the base location during their employment.How to Apply
Apply online at: spi-ind.com/internships
Applicants must provide a cover letter and resume when submitting application.
Applications Close: February 10th 2023
Interviews will be ongoing as applications are received.
Positions may be filled prior to deadline.
Employment Period: SPRING - FALL 2023 (flexible start & end dates)Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.