Our Forestry Division, Burney District, has an opening for a qualified District Forester
to help manage the Company’s timberlands in Shasta, Siskiyou, Lassen, and Modoc counties. This position will involve all aspects of resource management within this diverse District and will be located out of our Burney, CA
office.About The Position
• Prepare Timber Harvest Plans (THPs), including research, field work and mapping
• Administer contracts including logging, road construction, professional services, and miscellaneous sales agreements
• Conduct botanical, wildlife, archeological, roads and watercourse surveys, recommending appropriate protection measures
• Effectively and professionally represent Sierra Pacific Industries, interacting with neighbors and state regulatory agencies
• Participate in forestry-related project work in a wide range of weather and field conditions
• Hike in remote mountainous regions using maps, compass, and GPSQualifications
• A California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license or the ability to qualify for, take, and pass the RPF exam within 3 years
• Familiarity with the California Forest Practice Rules and knowledge of THP preparation
• Understanding of logging, road construction and reforestation operations
• Self-motivation, a strong work ethic and the desire to make things happen
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and GIS-based software programs
• Ability to work both independently and as a “team” member
• Current valid drivers’ license and the ability to operate a four-wheel drive vehicle and safely negotiate steep forest roadsWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships. How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, the deadline to apply is February 20th 2023.
Please send a resume and cover letter referencing this position to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Erin McLeod, Human Resources
PO Box 496014
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi-ind.com/careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $65,000 to $110,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.