We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
Sierra Pacific Windows is seeking a qualified 1st shift Millwright Maintenance Technician
to work collaboratively with our division in Medford, WI
. About The Position
• Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic (oil/air logic) controlled equipment
• Assist with Motion Control, PLC, MMI, and HMI programming, troubleshooting, and repair
• Install electrical components such as conduit, writing, motor controls, starters, VFD, and soft starts
• Weld various materials using MIG, TIG, and stick
• Rigging, lifting and moving heavy equipment
• Occasional heavy lifting and working in both hot and cold work environments
• Work may consist of overtime, weekend, and holiday work during busy production timesQualifications
• 2 years’ recent related work history required or educational equivalent
• Knowledge of motor control circuits, 480 volt 3-phase AC/DC motors, starters, electrical and hydraulic systems
• Knowledge of electricity, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, motors, and gear boxes
• Proven experience using forklift, man lift and most rigging equipmentWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Each year, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please apply in person at:
Sierra Pacific Windows
520 S Whelen Avenue
Medford, WI 54451
Can’t make it in? Let's talk!
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi-ind.com/careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.About Our Company
Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 and has grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing over 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
We are a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly 2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively uses nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our facilities. In fact, any small amount that isn't turned into hand-crafted doors and windows, millwork, lumber, or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
We are proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities follow our drug-free and tobacco-free policies. As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We use E-verify to verify the social security number and work authorization of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.