We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
We are seeking a qualified Powder Coat Department Supervisor
to work collaboratively with our Windows division in Medford, WI
. About The Position
• Oversee operations of powdered coat operation
• Assure safe workplace practices are followed and promote safety awareness through leading by example
• Work with Powder Coat Manager and other Supervisors to optimize productivity
• Actively manage and reduce downtime through quick analysis of options and orchestrating solutions
• Identify opportunities and take measures to reduce waste and inefficiencies
• Monitor and direct QMS program and related processes to ensure consistency
• Maintain documentation for department operations, disciplinary actions, Work Comp, attendance, etc.
• Understand and comply with applicable regulations such as OSHA, wage and hour, and environmental
• Demonstrated commitment to producing quality product, on time, and complete
• Reviews open backorders daily and works to eliminate them and prevent recurrence
• Supervise, train, direct, and coordinate work of the plant’s crew
• Provide growth and development opportunities for crewmembers
• Effectively manage crew work time and duties during production, breakdowns, and emergencies
• Recognize the need and opportunity, and take action, to implement cross-training
• Manage scheduled time off, unexpected absences, and modified duty of crew
• Approve timecards for payment, assuring compliance with applicable regulations and Company policy
• Recognize and recommend crew commendation, corrective, disciplinary and discharge actions
• Participate in crew member corrective and disciplinary actions
• Evaluate crew and make recommendations for awarding of job openingsQualifications
• At least 2 years lead or supervisory experience preferred.
• At least 5 years’ experience working in an industrial/manufacturing environment. Preference given to paint line or powder coating experience.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a crew.
• Understand powder coat operations with sufficient knowledge to address both preventative and corrective maintenance.
• Proven commitment to Safety and Company Policy.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities under demanding circumstances.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong Communication skills, both written and oral
• Proficient with MS Word and ExcelWhy Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions
, and company-paid Life Insurance. Each year, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Windows
Cher Murphy, Human Resources
575 S. Whelen Ave.
Medford, WI 54451
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi-ind.com/careersSierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.